Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully:
• The property is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Mr & Mrs McGloin (the owners) to the renter (the client).
• To reserve the property the client must complete and sign the booking form and return it together with a non-refundable deposit. Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, the owners will send a confirmation invoice. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
• The balance of the rent, is payable not less than eight weeks before the start of the rental period. If payment is not received by the due date, the owners reserve the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. The client will remain liable to pay the balance of the rent unless the owner is able to re-let the property. Reservations made within eight weeks of the start of the rental period, require full payment at the time of booking.
• Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period (e.g. telephone calls, heating in the winter) shall be settled locally with the owners.
• The security deposit of £150 per week or part of week is payable to the owners on arrival (it should be noted this is payable in euros at the prevailing rate of exchange). This deposit is required in case of damage to the property or its contents by the client. However the sum reserved by this clause shall not limit the client’s liability to the owners. The owners will account to the client for the security deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
• In the event of cancellation, refund of amounts paid will be made if the owners are able to re-let the property and any expenses or losses incurred in so doing will be deducted from the refundable amount. The client is strongly advised to arrange comprehensive travel insurance (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings.
• The rental period shall commence at 4.00 pm on the first day and end at 10.00 am on the last day of the rental period. The owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
• The client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property leaving it in a clean and tidy condition. At the end of the rental period, the owners reserve the right to make a retention from the security deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if necessary. The client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance or annoyance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
• The client shall report to the owner without delay any defects in the property, any damage done to the property by the client, or any breakages in the machinery, contents or any appliance in the property, so that arrangements can be made for repair or replacement as quickly as possible.
- The owners shall not be liable to the client for:
ii) any loss, damage or injury which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or any other matters beyond the owners’ control.
iii) any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the client if the property should be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period. In such event the owners shall, within seven days notification to the client, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
• Under no circumstance shall the owners’ liability to the client exceed the amount paid to the owners for the rental period. This contract shall be governed by English law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in England.